Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Monument-Be Slaying Ya, Pilferage, and some "Live Shit"

Crossover thrash for the hearing impaired! They got their name from an album by the killer thrash band Hallows Eve and for that fact alone they earn my respect. These guys were the first band I heard from Beaver Dam and were a blast to watch live. Goofy as all hell but you could tell they were having a blast. Another band that Anshar had some "friendly" competition with. This first demo is heavier with my favorite cut being "Chest Pains" When I dig out my tape I'll have to post the artwork. The second demo saw them going through line up changes resulting in one weird ass demo.They left the skate thrash roots behind and drifted into alternative territory.

vox-Matt Welch
guitars-Chris Welch
guitars-Chris Peters
bass-Steve Bucholz
drums-Dan Marr

Be Slayin' Ya - 1991????
01.the world's fate
02.mexican mosh
03.looking down the eye of the bong
04.colleen
05.ninja ballet
06-the king of reggae
07.chest pains
08.the end (suicide song)

http://www.mediafire.com/?vg4ai115h75igmv

 The Pilferage(mid nineties????)

01.the big f
02.in the now
03.i'll go
04.pilferage
05.next
06.to be a newt
07.intro to nothing



guitars & vox - Chris Welch
bass-Steve Bucholz 
drums-Dan Marr



http://www.mediafire.com/?nt6hv76aql6ppzb

Live Shit(undated)
01.chest pains
02.farmer's polka
03.I wanna be sedated
04.king of reggae
05.low rider
06.mexican mosh
07.reality impaired
08.where eagles dare
08.you took my heart away

http://www.mediafire.com/?god35rj31ijr7s1

1 comment:

  1. I roadied for this band for a little while around 1990 or '91. They were a really good group of guys, I had a blast while it lasted. Would love to get a copy of Be Slayin' Ya. Tgb2110@chartermi.net

    ReplyDelete