Saturday, May 28, 2011

Fogcrawler - Welcome to your suffering 2005

I finally get around to posting my own current band. Although the line up for this one is different than the current line up. For starters I'm not singing on this slice of grinding death. These guys evolved from the groove metal based Stone Misery into the far heavier Fogcrawler. They recorded their debut back in 2005 with the line up of;
Chris Hazel : bass
Jason "Thor" Thomson on drums
Scott Usher : Vocals
Wes Edge : Guitar
Wes left the band to focus on other projects and the trio continued to play out live after Chris switched from bass to guitar. They attained Matt Hadley on bass sometime last year and I answered a Craigslist ad they put up at the end of last year. It worked out pretty cool after realizing we used to play shows together in our previous bands. I now end up driving 3 hours just for practice but it's worth it just to be able to jam with some good friends who could care less what any of the current trends are. We hope to be back in the studio around the end of summer/early fall as the new tunes are turning out awesome. We just started playing out as well too, so it's all good. It's kind of funny how I was always told that I would "grow out of " metal but instead my bands keep getting heavier and heavier. This one is definitely the heaviest yet. Anyway, here's Welcome to Your Suffering.






No comments:

Post a Comment