Thursday, June 2, 2011

Liquid Clockwork-Father Time 1996

Extremely cool alternative band originally from Beaver Dam when this cd was made-now they are spread all over southern Wisconsin. These guys were all in the end of high school when this was recorded which makes the maturity heard on the disc all the more remarkable. I was good friends with Vaughn for awhile which is how I ended up obtaining a copy of this. I remember that we both ended up driving to Madison and paying some guy $15.00 each for cdr copies of our bands' releases! I think we both ended up spending a couple of hundred on cdrs that would cost ten dollars in total with today's technology. For awhile I heard that he was playing in Madison band Livid who were starting to get pretty popular but ended up disbanding a couple of years ago. This band has a strong Seattle sound and I remember Vaughn was extremely into Alice in Chains but I guess I would compare the band's overall sound to the band Sweetwater. They do have a page up on Facebook stating that they are still making music together all these years later.


Tim Cornell - Lead Vocals, Vaughn Klein - Guitar, Sean Berry - Guitar, Shawn Christensen - Drums, Brad Salzman - Bass/Flutaphone



   father time

No comments:

Post a Comment